January 13, 2010

Long session with decent profit

I made a very long sessions yesterday night / today morning which ended up of a decent profit of 526Euro which feel compensating for being up until 5am and watching Tennis.

I made a total of 7 trades of which just 2 ended with loss, in the end only one with big loss of -270 Euro as the second was only 10 Euro minus which I don't consider as a real loss. Making a statistic out of that, I made an average of 75 Euro per trade which sounds great to me especially given the fact I made a big mistake in the Gasquet-Becker game which caused a big red for me.

Some thing I noticed is that in seldom cases I tend to stick too long in a trade as in the given example which I will need to work on to keep going forward and especially if rising stakes on later stages.

The biggest profit came of the Statham-Montanes game in which I layed Montaned just after the second game as this wasn't a game until the end of the first set where a favourite can be priced like 1.20 or similiar. Honestly, without knowing both players, I would have set them at least even if not small favour for Statham who just lost nerves in the second set and especially the tie break. He was leading in the tie break when I greened up so this was quite a risky trade, but given the fact i had a lay on 1.20 it felt quite comfortable because even with Monates winning the first set price was still around 1.09 - 1.12 which would not have caused crucial losses.

I will try to write some articles in close future about how I trade and especially how odds are compiled to get people who aren't that familiar with compiling odds as me due to my compiler background which certainly helps a lot when trading and forecasting possible wins / losses.

Tonight again we have a long schedule. So far, especially the following fixtures attract me most:
Lammer vs. Montanes
Definately a game which I will watch out for, as Montanes struggled heavily on his serve. The current price of 1.40 is far too low in my opinion, as I don't rate him to have a realistic 71% to advance against Lammer.I will try to watch first 2-3 games to make up my mind and then decide what to do.

Robredo vs. Isner
Robredo struggled as well yesterday and I See in Isner a much tougher opponent for him today which might even cause some trouble for him. I can imagine Robredo getting broken in this game which will cause a massive swing but again watch first.

Baghdatis vs. Hewitt
Although the win against Troicki looks impressing, it was more due to heavy winds on the court which pulled Troicki to being super aggressive and kind of disgusted. Therefore I see a very fast game with both players being solid in serve in their last games. Especially if Baghdatis gets a break price movement will be big but in total I suggest Hewitt to advance.


Of course there are also a lot of other fixtures but those seeme most interesting to me, let's see what night brings up for us, hopefully a decent green :-)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

YellowTrader
I am a 22 years old Tennis trader who is working for a professional sport trading company in Germany. Right now I am trading with a max liability of 500 Euro and will post my results as regularly as I can in here and write some (hopefully) helpful advices for tennis trading beginners.
View my complete profile

Followers

Communities